Sunday, October 13, 2019

Certified Appliance Accessories 15-Amp Appliance Extension Cord,

Certified Appliance Accessories 15-Amp Appliance Extension Cord, 3ft

Certified Appliance Accessories 15-Amp Appliance Extension Cord, 3ft

Great little cord available at a good price. Beware the flat type design of the plugged in end though. The cord exits the plug off to the side (as opposed to straight out). This design allows for a tighter fit against the wall (for applications such as a refrigerator, or an A/C unit plugged in behind a desk or a bureau). The negative is that you can use only one of these (or of this type) in a conventional two plug outlet. I forget to take this into account, so I couldn't use this cord where I had originally intended (there was already a flat plug in use in the other plug of the outlet).

I needed a short extension cord to be able to plug my small window unit a/c into a timer since the plug on the a/c unit is large and cumbersome. It works great and help save on my electric bill. I've been using it for months and haven't had any overheating problems at all.

I'm using the 3' cord as an extension for my space heater, which isn't quite long enough to reach the couch. So far, even when the space heater is on full heat, the extension cord and plug hasn't gotten any hotter than the cord the space heater came with. No melting, unlike the previous extension cord I had that wasn't rated for that type of wattage (before I knew better). I like that it fits into the outlet at a 90 degree angle, which makes it harder to accidentally pull out, and it fits more snugly into our old apartment outlets than the space heater cord alone did.

If you're going to use this for a space heater like I am, measure the distance you'll need and get the minimum length cord. Longer cords have more resistance and so generate more heat, so if you only need a little more length, get the 3' one.

Can I just say Wow! I bought this because it was less expensive than many other extensions cords and it was the size I needed. When I received this, I was extremely impressed with the quality and thickness of the cord itself. It greatly surpassed my expectations. I am super pleased with my purchase. It says this is for an appliance, but I plan to use it as just a regular extension cord. If you need a 12 foot extension cord, you will not be disappointed in this one.

Don't make my mistake when shopping for the low profile extentions. I pluged this in behind our nightstands, (Or any furniture that sits against the wall). It allows the furniture to sit against the wall without damaging the cord. I then plug a power strip into the end so that it can be available for outlets. I usually tuck the strip under the furniture in question. I made the mistake of ordering one similar to this one. It did not have 3 prong slots. This severely handicapped what I could plug in. I LOVE this cord because it has the 3 prong holes.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • UL listed
  • Sleeved
  • Gray
  • 5 year warranty- From the Manufacturer

Description

For years, licensed plumbers, electricians and appliance installers have relied on Certified Appliance Accessories for their power cords, hoses and connectors. Now you can too. Enjoy the convenience offered by this universal appliance extension cord from Certified Appliance Accessories. Its flexibility and durability ensure a reliable connection for your next home installation project. This easy-to-install, high-quality cord has been thoroughly tested and is backed by a 5-year limited warranty. Check your appliance's manual for the correct specifications to ensure this is the right cord for you. Thank you for choosing Certified Appliance Accessories—Your Appliance Connection Solution.



Nice hefty appliance cable. I used it to extend my Convection/Toaster oven cable... It doesn't even get warm when the oven is pulling enough amps to get to 400°F

I purchased two of these cords, a 6-footer and a 12-footer. They are heavily constructed, yet pliable. I find them extremely useful for so many tasks where a simple extension cord would be inadequate if not dangerous. I've used these to connect an electric turkey fryer with enough length of cord to allow us to set it on the porch to keep odors outside. Also use one to lengthen the cord on a crepe maker so we can prepare crepes at the table. I keep them on a hook in the kitchen pantry, ready to use with any appliance.

Before , my portable electric heater cord was getting very hot and every since I bought this appliance extension cord , no heat whatsoever. Not even warm. Great deal

Worked great to get my microwave plugged in to where I usually keep it. Microwaves come with such a short cord anymore. The cord completely matched the cord on the microwave in size and color which I found that it was meant to be.

My new vacuum's cord is too short so I added this extension and am delighted for more reasons than you'd expect. My old vacuum cord was 30' and the Dyson cord is only 24' so I was faced with having to replug it when I only needed a little more length. It occurred to me that an appliance quality extension should do the trick and 9' offered not only the extra 6' I was used to but an additional 3' that allows me to clean extra places I couldn't before--an added benefit. I should have thought to use an extension like this on the old vacuum too.

So I've now got the range I want without miles of extra cord to deal with, but an unexpected advantage to this cord is that because it has the 90 degree wall plug in, it doesn't pull out of the wall like the vacuum cord itself is likely to and did many times. The connection end to the vacuum cord is snug so it doesn't detach either if it gets caught on something and pulled. Because that plug end is rather bulky and the cord itself is not super flexible, it does sometimes get hung up on a chair leg or something, but is easy to shake free and I have confidence that I'm not harming it or the vacuum. I also appreciate that since the cord is a bit thicker and stiffer, it's not likely to pull under a door and get stuck like the actual vacuum cord does. All in all, I'm delighted and am only sorry I didn't think of this solution years ago. It makes my vacuuming chore so much easier.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment