Friday, December 13, 2019

Frigidaire FFRA0611R1 6,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Mini-Compact Air Conditioner with Mechanical

Frigidaire FFRA0611R1 6,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Mini-Compact Air Conditioner with Mechanical Controls

Frigidaire FFRA0611R1 6,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Mini-Compact Air Conditioner with Mechanical Controls

purchased this to cool off a 250 square foot wood working shed. But since the weekend was going to be in the upper 90's we ended up installing in our 576 sq ft cabin with a loft and open ceiling. We installed it in the loft and turned the ceiling fan on to push the air down. It worked great. 98 outside....78 inside. Left it running for four days straight. Of course, now it will get moved back to the wood shed.

This is working great! It puts out some really cool air, and is cooling a much larger area than I expected. I had a $500 portable air conditioner that went belly up after one year - ug- and of course it is running in the 90s here in Georgia, and very humid. I ordered this and we huddled in our bedrooms for a couple of days waiting on it. With this unit we have 4 window units and they are keeping this house VERY cool. (It is 1500 square not-well-insulated feet.) This one went in the combo kitchen/dining room. It has done a great job keeping up even when I've used the oven, and after the front door has been open for a while as we carry the groceries in.

Installation took my husband, and at one point my son had to run outside to hold it steady while hubby finished the job up, but it only took about 20 minutes including unpacking the box. It uses a standard wall outlet.

One of the reasons I bought this one is because I have an older Frigidaire that is 10? years old that still kicks butt. I like the dials too - it was the fancy-smancy electronic controls that went belly up on that $500 one. All my other air conditioners have dials and are easy to use - we don't need remotes, sometimes the more stuff that goes on an appliance is just more stuff to fail as far as I am concerned, though I am generally a technophile. If simple works, I like it simple. In this case, simple works, and it it's working great. The dials are a bit inset, so I'm not worried about a cat rubbing on them and turning them off. (Another problem we had with the electronic portable was that the cats would walk on it and turn it off or down or whatever. That's probably one of the reasons that one died so early.)

One thing we've learned is that fans help too - We keep fans and/or air circulators close to our air conditioners. That prevents 'cold spots' and helps cool the larger areas- our home has a very open floor plan & fans in front of the air conditioners helps so much when it is 90+ degrees outside.

This one does make noise - at first it rattled and I thought it was broken, but that settled down in 4 hours or so. Since then the sound is present and not what I'd call quiet- but it isn't annoying, and it's not a problem to converse close to it - it is just white noise - it doesn't have any high pitched or sudden jarring noises as the compressor comes on. It's really OK sounding for a window unit.

As a lighter weight air conditioner, it was easy to install. The quiet operation is perfect for our bedroom. Very happy with this air conditioner!

I have three other window air conditioners in 2 houses and this one that I just bought is by far the best. The second best is the other Frigidaire that is 12 years old and still working great. The GE is too noisy but works OK and the LG is a loser on all counts - barely throws out cold air and shoots it along the wall instead of into the room. It is loud and doesn't drain well. The other three are all manual 5000 BTUs so this one is slightly larger.

The dial has 1 through 7. However, I have noticed that the compressor does not turn on when the dial is 6.4 or below. The compressor will on start and cool air will only start to flow at 6.5 to 7. When selected at 7 my room went to 55 degrees F. At 6.5 my room stayed roughly around 68. I have to move the dial less than a millimeter to finally get the right spot for 64-66 degrees which was about 6.5. It blows my mind how it was made to work like that but that's how mine works. Other than the really wacky thermostat dial that isn't, the A/C is good. It keeps my 10x12x8 room cooled just fine. The fan runs until shut off, the compressor runs until the room is cool enough, kicks on as needed.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Quickly cools a room up to 250 sq. Ft
  • Dehumidification up to 1.3 pints per hour
  • 2 cool speeds and 2 fan speeds
  • Low power start-up conserves energy and saves you money
  • Effortless restart automatically resumes operating at its previous settings when power is restored
  • Certifications & Approvals: ENERGY STAR Certified: No|Safety Certification: UL/CUL (SA11087)|ADA Compliant: No|CSA Listed: No|ETL Listed: No|UL Listed: Yes|NSF Certified: No
  • General Specs: Warranty: 1 Year Full/5 Year Sealed System|Annual Cost(.12 / kWH): 49|Window Height: 14"|Shipping Weight (lbs): 52|Product Weight (lbs): 44|Window Width: 23" - 36"|Refrigerant: R410a|Reconditioned: No|ProductLaunch: NA|BrandFamilyFrigidaire: Yes|Power Type: Electric|Size: N/A|Installation Type: Window Mounted|Collection: Frigidaire

Description

Frigidaire FFRA0611R1 6, 000 BTU 115V window-mounted mini-compact air conditioner is perfect for cooling a room up to 250 square feet. It quickly cools a room on hot days and quiet operation keeps you cool without keeping you awake. This unit features mechanical rotary controls and top, full-width, 8-way air direction control. The washable filter with front, tilt-out access reduces bacteria, room odors and other airborne particles for a healthier, more comfortable environment. Low power start-up conserves energy and saves you money plus, effortless restart automatically resumes operating at its previous settings when power is restored.



By far one of the best air conditioners I have ever owned in this size. For a 6000 btu it chills my bedroom great better than my old 8000 btu, The room is 18x20. Only complaint is it’s a little bit louder than I like but does not bother my sleep at all.

Used it 24/7 for every day in Florida where the temperatures were over 68ยบ and it performs perfectly. A tad loud, but it cools so who cares? Not me!

I purchased this window A/C unit to use in our garage. With the outside temps being into the 90s for much of this summer, the temp in the garage wasn't much lower. We have our extra fridge in the garage, and it was running constantly. I checked a couple different units, and this one looked like it would give us the best value. It took a little more than a day until the temp in the garage was comfortable, and it's stayed that way ever since, even getting a bit cool at times.

The only 'issue' I had was I wasn't able to secure it into the window like the instructions said. We're currently living in a rental, and I didn't want to drill any holes into the window frame to attach it like the instructions said. Because of this, I used several spring clips to secure the side extension pieces to the window frame.

It does a really good job, but it doubled my electricity bill, so I can only justify using it it if it's sickeningly hot out.

Keeps 400 sq ft finished attic space very comfortable. The smaller capacity model wouldve covered the space, but I got this one because our attic used to get close to 100*F during midwest summers and I wanted to make sure we could chill it enough to sleep guests comfortably. Maintains 70*F all day, even with direct sun on it all afternoon. Install was fast and straightforward.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment