Saturday, December 14, 2019

AmazonBasics Oscillating Dual Blade Standing Pedestal Fan with Remote -

AmazonBasics Oscillating Dual Blade Standing Pedestal Fan with Remote - 16-Inch

AmazonBasics Oscillating Dual Blade Standing Pedestal Fan with Remote - 16-Inch

No issues assembling/disassembling compared to any other fan I have experience with. If you've ever disassembled a fan for cleaning purposes, you'll have no problems with this. It's only slightly more difficult to dis-assemble/re-assemble compared to full size Vornado floor standing fans but only because the Vornado's have a snap-in-place cage.

The downside to the Vornado cage design is that the plastic snaps that hold the cage in place can break which is almost un-fixable. With one of the snaps broken, the cage will vibrate and make noise. If you strip the screw that holds the cage in place with this fan, it's quickly fixed by making a trip to a hardware store.

I can't speak to the dual blade design moving more air (CFM) but it probably adds some turbulence which likely results in broader coverage. Good for larger rooms. Compared to a full size floor standing Vornado, this doesn't move as much air but the difference isn't as dramatic as the price difference might suggest.

The remote works well and has good range. The fan oscillates quietly. The up-down angle adjustment is firm and smooth. It's programmable and has a 'nature' and 'sleep' mode. The nature and sleep modes are very similar in that they vary the fan speed over a programmed period of time. Sort of a slow moving, rolling wave.

For those that use fans for white noise as much as for air movement, this works well. The second and smaller blade probably adds a bit of mid range white noise which is good for masking environmental sound and tinnitus. The fan isn't loud but compared to a 16" Lasko table fan I use in a garage, it goes a bit deeper.

While I prefer Vornado fans for reasons that have little to do with function and air movement, I'm very happy with this purchase. For about the cost of one full size Vornado floor fan, you can buy almost four of these. In absolute terms, I'd consider this a four star product compared to full size Vornado's but at ~35 bucks delivered to my door step, this is an undeniable product. Five stars..

I have no complaints about this fan whatsoever!
Delivery was quick as expected since I am an Amazon Prime member.
Fan was easy enough to assemble. It was unboxed and assembled in less than 25 minutes
The remote is a good size and has all the needed controls to operate the fan easily, including the oscillating option (which is not included on a majority of the fans that I looked at when choosing a fan to purchase.)
I would recommend this fan.

Assembled in minutes without having to look at directions. It's quiet and puts out a nice airflow. The 3 year extended warranty plan for $1.94 is a no brainer if you keep your fan running like we do. The weak part of fans is always the oscillating mechanism and this one seems to be running smooth as silk 60 days into use. I sell at least 1 fan with a broken oscillating mechanism at our garage sale every year and it's nice to know I won't be doing that for at least 3 years!!!

I read alot of reviews claiming that the fan is loud. I dont know if I got a new model or what but but the one I got is very quite. I have an older Lasco 16inch single blade and that makes way more noise and moves like no air compared to the Amazon Basics. I love everything about this fan besides the stupid band that they give you to close the cadge of the fan. I couldn't get it on after ten minutes of trying different ways. Finally threw it aside and put small zip ties and worked perfectly.

I’m impressed with the fan’s performance. The noise level is perfect. It’s quiet and more powerful than I expected. Assembly wasn’t an issue for me. I owned a couple of fans in the past that used that band to hold the grills together. For that reason, I was able to do that last step with the greatest of ease. I almost overlooked the small blade in the box because it was wrapped in cardboard instead of being in the same plastic as the large blade and grills. Not only that, both blades have weight on them and are not flimsy, which is a plus. There appears to be another model of this fan being sold on Amazon for $10 more. Keep that $10 in your pocket and rock with this fan.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 2-Blade oscillating pedestal fan with adjustable height and vertical angle
  • Automatic oscillation feature
  • Features 3 speeds (low, medium, high) and 3 modes (nature, sleep, normal)
  • 120 volt / 55 watt power consumption
  • Includes a remote control and auto shut-off timer

Description

An Amazon Brand



Good fan for the money and having a remote control is great! Putting it together was a little challenging though...instructions were not great. When you remove the big plastic nut at the end of the stalk where the fan blades go, remember to turn CLOCKWISE to loosen. Instructions don't say that and I almost broke the thing trying to unscrew it the normal direction. Also there is a little plastic protector on that same stalk that must be removed before you slide the fan blade onto it.

Incredible fan. The base is so sturdy and weighted. The air flow and different settings is amazing. Very clean sleek design as well. Amazing compact remote. And took about 5 mins to snap it all together. Very nice product I’ll defiantly be getting more. It also has a night time feature for a nice air flow with a soothing white noise. Keep it up with this type of quality Amazon it’s awesome.

The fan works great. It is not loud. I had the same problem as other reviewers when trying to put the plastic ring around the grills. After spending 20 minutes with the help of a friend we gave up and used twist ties to hold the grills together.

Is this the best fan ever? Nope. Is it pretty fantastic for the price? YES.

Assembled I 4-6 minutes. Didn’t need the instructions until I needed to attach the fan blades.

I was surprised by the quality of material, especially the solid base. The hardest and most frustrating part was the plastic strip that holds the metal cage around the blades. Out of the 6 minutes it took to assemble, this probably took up 3 of it. Wasn’t enough to knock off a star, but be aware that it’s a little difficult to get in place.

The remote is simple and there is a beep from the fan for indication. The fans themselves are decently strong.

As far as what some reviewers are saying about the white noise being really weird because of the second fan, I can kind of see that.. a little. My girlfriend and I use white noise to sleep as well and it’s just sort of different from my old fan. Nothing really drastic in my opinion. Alas, Tis just my opinion. My Girlfriend is actually snoozing in the other room with the fan as I write this.

I will update if anything terrible happens and it explodes or something and I will adjust my rating accordingly.

Needed a new fan after my other one died and couldn't find any local so I checked Amazon. After looking thru a bunch, I thought I'll go with the Amazon brand based on the price and reviews. Not sure if the extra small blade makes that much of a difference but I feel it has double the output vs my previous fan same in size. The remote is also pretty handy and the it her functions.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment