Thursday, October 17, 2019

SpeedClean MSB-KIT Mini Split Bib

SpeedClean MSB-KIT Mini Split Bib Kit

SpeedClean MSB-KIT Mini Split Bib Kit

We've had a mini split for a few years now and I've cleaned the blower wheel a couple of times with a flux brush and vacuum, but you can't do a very good job that way. This summer and fall it seemed like it was really down on performance, so I finally broke down and bought this kit along with Smith Contractor 190216 2-Gallon Sprayer for Weed Killers, Herbicides, and Insecticides and Nu-Calgon 416808 Evaporator Power, 1-Gallon . I underestimated the time it would take by probably 1/3, but only because my unit was so nasty and dirty. I ended up using two of the 2 gallon sprayer tanks with the Evaporator Cleaner, and two tanks with just clear hot water as a rinse. The first bucket that I emptied with the Cleaner water in it, was literally black with chunks of junk floating in it. The second bucket, after the four gallons of rinse water, was nasty enough that my wife commented when she got home 'wow, that thing was really dirty!'. I told her she had missed the REALLY dirty water, this was the cleaner rinse water! The bib takes a little thought to hook up and make work, but I had no problems with leaking. Pulling covers and panels off of the evaporator was the most time consuming, but now that I've done it once it won't be bad in the future. I'm figuring to make doing this service as well as flushing and cleaning the outside condensor (which I did earlier this year with a hose) a semi annual chore. With the equivalent temperatures and weather, I had the mini split remote set before the cleaning at 70 degrees, and my wife was always complaining she was cold. Now it's set at 66 degrees, and she complains it's too warm, so it obviously made a huge difference and it's now working as hard and should save some electricity. Just do it, it's not fun but it's necessary, and for what it costs and the value and comfort return it's a no brainer. The pump up style garden sprayer is probably not ideal for this job, but it worked OK and with the variety of nozzles it has it seems like it's up to the job. The cleaner also seems to work well, it foams and seems to help loosen up the dirt that sticks everywhere inside the evaporator.

I have not been able to find a good way to clean the squirrel cage fan. This item with a small power washer worked great. Ran system after and was working perfectly.

Once you do it one time, it'll be really easy the next. It took a bit to figure out how to attach the bag to the unit the first time around. One thing the instructions don't mention (but the YouTube video does) is putting the tape on the wall around the unit itself, not just on the electronics.

Someone made the comment that you're paying X amount of dollars for a bucket and a garbage bag. That is pretty well it, but the custom bag with the plastic bracket and ribs is where the value is.

Additional items you'll need - a sprayer (get a decent one, like a Smith Performance R200), cleaning solution (like Nu-Calgon coil cleaner), and a whisk brush for the coils (I got a Schaefer, which I didn't end up using since it was mostly my blower fan that was gunked up).

I think the only negative is the price, it seemed a bit steep to me.

Before n’ aft photos of my SANYO mini-split BLOWS MY MIND! Without this Bib Kit, this job would never be possible. One HVAC professional quoted $600 for the job. It took me 2.5 hours to accomplish. My 14-year-old stood by with a towel watching for any over-spray. I have laminate floors in a business environment with computer equipment. There was little cleanup afterwards. The floor remains perfect, the walls remain perfect, and most importantly the AC after 8-years of production WITH-O-U-T cleaning NOW operates as NEW!! Thank G-d! … it was NASTY, but no Legionnaires’ disease 😉.

There are a lot of DIY videos out there, but few recommend this Bib and IMHO they should. I highly recommend. I also used evaporator spray cleaner, and a garden hose with a sprayer attachment that, of course didn’t leak. We are extremely satisfied with the results and the savings. Good luck!

Used this system to clean catch the water from my ductless AC. Works as advertised. I wouldn't want to tackle this cleaning without one.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Attaches to ductless/mini-split systems and allows for cleaning with pressurized water and coil cleaner
  • Funnels all water and chemicals into 5-gallon bucket for proper disposal
  • Includes bib, adjustable mounting brackets, adhesive wrap and 5-gallon bucket

Description

Mini split HVAC systems are gaining huge popularity across the country - and the world. In fact, almost a million units are installed annually, and there are millions of units already in service. However, there's no easy way to properly cleaning mini split HVAC systems. Now there is. The mini split bib kit from speed clean quickly attaches to mini split systems up to 44 inch wide using special brackets. It uses the custom bib section to create a barrier against the wall and other surroundings so that you can effectively clean the coils, Fan blades and more with pressurized cleaning systems, like pump sprayers or our coil jet portable coil cleaning system.



I had split units in my sever rooms since the early 2000s and had no good way to clean them. Now that I have them for my home, I want to make sure they run efficient and clean. I use to manually clean these but it’s pretty hard. With the bib I can use the foam cleaner and rinse the coils out after. No more dripping chemicals on the floor.

It's kind of pricey for what it is. It does keep from making a mess inside your house when cleaning your coil unit, especially when using a sprayer. Comes with instructions, a bucket and some clear tape to cover electrical components inside the coil unit.

Complicated Returned it, but it does come as advertised. We just realized cleaning a mini split should be left to the pros

This bib kit did well staying on my split system for the heavy cleaning I had to do. Had lots of black mold buildup because I didn't clean it as often as I should have. Didn't rip or leak on me, but I wish it would funnel through via a hose and not a sleeve as it tends to back up when there's a kink.

I have two mini-split coils to clean each year, it was very messy before I found this product. Cleaning the coils now is a breeze.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment