Saturday, October 12, 2019

Holmes Large Room 4-Speed True HEPA Air Purifier with Quiet Operation,

Holmes Large Room 4-Speed True HEPA Air Purifier with Quiet Operation, Black

Holmes Large Room 4-Speed True HEPA Air Purifier with Quiet Operation, Black

According to the Sound Analyzer App (that I downloaded in an effort to give others a ballpark comparison) the level of noise each of the 4 operating speeds creates (all are approximates):
Level 1 - 47-50 dB, or about as loud as a dishwasher running in the next room
Level 2 - 58 dB, or about as loud as a large business office
Level 3 - 63 dB, or about as loud as heavy traffic or a busy city street
Level 4 - 68-70 dB, or about as loud as a vacuum cleaner or a noisy restaurant

I'd tried several other air purifiers before I order this one. The others either arrived not functional or stopped working within hours of being turned on. I was hesitant to try again (because the return process is lengthy and time-consuming, not to mention the time I then have to spend searching for the same item - again), but I really, really wanted to be able to breathe well at night again.

I selected a Holmes purifier this time because this is the company that made the air purifier I had for little over 10 years when my daughter was young and had severe asthma. That old purifier was a tank, and helped to keep my daughter breathing throughout her childhood. (We would still be using that air purifier if it had not been severely damaged during a move across several states, tbh.)

I knew from past experience that Holmes air purifiers are not the quietest to operate, but that they are absolute excellent at doing exactly what they are designed for - cleaning the air.

While I had hoped that the 'Quiet Operation' claim had been achieved at long last, I'm still giving this air purifier 5 stars because:
1) It WORKS.
2) It worked from the moment I opened the box, set it up, and turned it on.
3) I'm not waking up throughout the night coughing anymore.
4) I'm not waking up stuffed anymore.
5) I am breathing better through out the day now, even away from home.
6) Though it's definitely too loud to have a telephone conversation in the same room as when it's operating on settings 3 & 4, I've found that I am able to sleep with it set to Level 3 - so long as I'm wearing my headphones (which I do most nights anyways).

Overall this is an excellent air purifier that does exactly what it is designed to do - clean the air, & thoroughly so. Just be aware of what the acceptable operational sound level is for the space you are seeking to put the air purifier into.

Honestly, I bought this as a white noise machine and because my partner complains about cat hair/dander. I love it so much, I just ordered a second one for the downstairs. It was easy to set up, and the from the very first night the air has been fresher somehow. I turn it up at night for the gentle noise, but my partner has stopped sneezing, coughing, and almost stopped snoring! The bedroom is next to the kitchen and this little giant sucked the cooking orders right out of the bedroom. We don't notice the green light. My only regret is that I did not buy one years ago!

I just bought this one to replace the exact model that had been running literally non-stop for maybe 7 years - except when I turned it off to clean/change the filters. We park this baby next to the cat boxes in the basement. It helps control the smell and completely eradicated a cat-litter-dust-on-everything-in-the-basement issue we had before. Uses three HEPA filters. They are a little pricey but I have always vacuumed them clean after the first month or two and ran them for another session. Did I say it works wonderfully? Filters are available as subscribe and save items so they come conveniently as I need to change them.

I have 2 yellow labs and live in a warm climate with a pool in the backyard; with that being said my house would smell like it is wet dog year round if I did not have my air purifier running. I love it. It is my second one I have bought. My 1st one lasted 6 years and I hope this one lasts the same if not longer.

It's saves a lot of time and money to simply vacuum the charcoal filter, the one on top of the HEPA filter and needs changing more often, instead of changing it every time dust accumulates. I've used these Holmes machines for many years.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • TRUE HEPA FILTRATION: Filter helps remove up to 99.97% of dust, smoke, pollen, odors, mold spores, and pet dander, filtering particles as small as 2 microns to help provide cleaner air for your home or office; use Holmes replacement filters HAPF600D-U2 and HAPF60-U3; three filters included
  • CONVENIENT FEATURES: Choose from 4 cleaning speeds to keep air fresh and pure; the low motor setting, advanced blade, and specially designed Ture HEPA filter allow continuous quiet operation without interruption; plus, a new LED filter monitor indicates when it's time to change your filter, allowing for easy maintenance
  • SLIM DESIGN: This space-saving air purifier has a slim design that's perfect for bedrooms, family rooms, or any living space; recommended for rooms up to 349 square feet
  • 5-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: This product comes with a 5-year limited warranty from Holmes

Description

The Holmes Large Room 4-Speed True HEPA Air Purifier with Quiet Operation clears the air in large rooms up to 349 square feet. The true HEPA filter is up to 99.97% efficient in removing common household odors and allergens such as pollen, dust, mold, pet dander, and smoke from the air passing through it. A washable pre-filter helps capture larger particles and extends the life of the HEPA filter, and a LED filter moniter lets you know when it's time to change your filter, allowing for easy maintenance. Includes three filters featuring the odor-eliminating power of baking soda.



So far it works like they say, matter of fact I have propane fireplace which leaves a film on my windows, so I cleaned the windows and started the purifier and after 2 weeks the windows are still clean which makes me believe it's doing it's job. I have COPD and it even seems I breath better and don't run out of breath going up and down steps quite as much as I did before the purifier

I bought this for my son's bedroom, because of the positive review by Consumer Reports.org, and so far it has helped quite a bit. The filter monitor is unreliable at best, but that is really meaningless when you can easily open the thing up and look and see if the filter is dirty.
it is noisy on the higher settings, but on the lower settings it can be in teh room with you while you sleep, or watch TV with out any bother, and on the lower settings it still moves enough air to be doing some good.
I am not affected by allergies, however my son says it does help.
So far as reliable, I have had the unit I bought running continously for 4 years now, I change the carbon filters every six months, and the HEPA filters once a year.
Its reliable, it does take up some space, and it is not silent, but if you arn't moving air, you are not filtering air, and moving air isn't silent.

We love it, helps keep any smells out of the house, and our dramatically reduces dust levels in the house. I tend to be a bit on the sensitive side when it comes to smells and sometimes when having a dog that is challenging, but this unit keeps everything smelling fresh. We have had a very rough pollen season and the inside of the house has still been nice and clean.

I just want to leave a quick review on here since I love this. I have HORRIBLE year round allergies dust/dust mites/a lot of trees/mold/pollen/etc. I also have asthma. If it's horrible outdoors, I can breathe in my apartment, and it also controls dust inside among whatever other things come in through windows. It is loud on the highest setting but I run it while I'm gone on high and I can breathe well when I come home. It also controls smoke well. The only thing is that the sponge pre-filter absorbs smells but you can wash it with soap and soak it in vinegar to get rid of odors. For the price I was skeptical but surprisingly it works really well.

Very quiet and saved me from allergy misery. Have used holmes for years and they last forever, only brand I will buy.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment