Sunday, October 20, 2019

Holmes 10-inch Personal Size Box Fan,

Holmes 10-inch Personal Size Box Fan, HABF120W

Holmes 10-inch Personal Size Box Fan, HABF120W

This sits very comfortably on the 3⅛" (8cm) window sill in our bathroom. It's eliminated olfactory nightmares in our small apartment almost completely (the cat has yet to learn to operate it). The best $20 I've ever spent.

I have owned this fan since June and all I can say is I love it. We only rent but we had to have several walls re-sheet rocked due to mold and moisture in the room. No where to vent moisture outside and landlord was too cheap to put in an electrical exhaust vent to the outside. I came up with this alternative. We have it on a shelf I purchased also on amazon which accommodates it nicely. Every 3 months I unscrew it from the back and vacuum and clean the blades down due to a lot of dust accumulating on blades which will inhibit it from putting out air. Have not found that to be a problem and takes about 15-20 minutes to do. We also have used white cable U clips to attach the wire to wall and I have it near an outlet since It is high up we cannot get on a chair every-time to put it on high. So I automatically have it set on high and all we do prior to taking a shower is plug it in and on it goes. Then we run it for about 15 minutes or so after to get any moisture in the room to dry. Have had no problems thus far and we also purchased the Holmes small heater at Amazon and that heats the room also when it gets chilly and has the benefit of another fan on that unit also. So double the air movement. We didn't have to spend a lot of money to put the whole thing together. I think it was $30 with the shelf and and have great exhaust ventilation and glad to say no more moisture on cabinets and walls and no mold. Bonus is my husband can use the mirror in the bathroom if I am showering to shave or brush teeth without fogging up. Take a look at photo.

I bought this as a bathroom exhaust fan, and to test it for use in the other windows. My window sills are just 3 inches deep from edge to edge. This fan fits nicely. Since it has very tiny feet (nothing to hook over the edge of the window case), it requires a flat surface to sit on, which I don't have, so I had to prop up the front edge with plastic bottle caps. This would not have worked if the construction of the fan allowed for vibration. It makes a steady low hum but it's very sturdy so it doesn't rattle or move around on the little makeshift feet.It's extremely light-weight, and it has a handle; this is important because I can't close my window with this fan (or any other fan) sitting on the sill. On the high setting it does a good job of clearing shower steam out of the bathroom. On the low setting it keeps air moving steadily. I like the clean look and pure white finish. When it comes time to clean it, it will be a little more difficult than I would prefer, as it has deeply-recessed screws holding the case together. But I'm happy with it so far and will probably get a couple more for other windows.

This fan is just what I needed. I wanted to have a fan narrow enough to sit securely on a small windowsill to bring in the cool night air without having to spend a lot of money on the double-blade window fans.

I didn't need a timer, thermometer, remote, or any other bells and whistles. Just a couple of settings and an off switch. A simple fan, and it's perfect.

It's about the size of a large dinner plate, the airflow is good, and the sound levels are reasonable. It has been running all night, every night for two weeks now, and I love it. :)

I have "short" windows, and the regular 20x20" box fans are way too big. This smaller size fan is excellent for that. When operating well, these fans are great - decent power for the size (can definitely cool a room down if the outside air is cooler), fairly quiet, good range of speeds. They do wear out somewhat quickly, though - usually getting more noisy over time, and eventually dying completely (I assume the motor gives out). I'd say each fan lasts through a couple years of use in the spring and fall. However, given the price and the limited selection of this size, I'm willing to replace them every couple years.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 10" Blade diameter
  • Two quiet speed settings
  • Lightweight for easy portability

Description

Keep small rooms cool during hot, humid summer months with the Holmes Personal Box Fan. Featuring two speed settings, this lightweight and portable personal fan delivers quiet and efficient operation. The slim design takes up minimal space, making this square fan a great choice for use on desks or bedside tables. This box fan has a 10-inch blade span and measures approximately 10 by 5 by 2 inches.



If anybody has trouble sticking this fan in the window was it falling out take the top mounted switch off and the little nub will lock in the bottom of the window seal

Good fan, and is the perfect size to fit in the windowsill of my basement window. Two settings, 1 is pretty light and quiet, 2 has some pretty good power and is also not too loud. Good fan for the size and price. Seems to be durable so far, as I've dropped it a couple of times and it's still running.

 This fits perfect in our small bathroom window. We have no exhaust fan and it works great pointing in or out of the window. Is a bit noisy but for a bathroom it really doesn’t matter to us. Works great and has two levels.

I love this little box fan. It puts out a great amount of air for such a small fan. I love how light it is yet it's stable. I have a 200 square foot bedroom and wanted something that would blow directly on me while I sleep to keep me cool. It's on the lowest setting 5 feet from me and in 90 degree weather I haven't needed to even turn it up to high. It definitely has the sound of a normal fan so it's not silent but for me it's more quiet then the floor fan I had previously. Love this thing!

This is a nice fan and for it's size does blows out a good amount of air. I live in an apartment where they control the heat and it be so hot in my bedroom at night and this fan is perfect. It does make noise which doesn't bother me at all. I'm thinking about getting a couple more.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment