Monday, October 21, 2019

Handy Cooler The Original Small Fan & Mini-Air Conditioner,

Handy Cooler The Original Small Fan & Mini-Air Conditioner, Pink

Handy Cooler The Original Small Fan & Mini-Air Conditioner, Pink

One word - WOW! With only days to go on my trip to Indonesia, I jumped on-line and decided to purchase 2 of these portable fans Pink and Black. I've only read a hand full of reviews online and even saw one YouTube review, and was left with mixed feelings about the product. But then again which review doesn't, one can never really tell unless you try it out for your self.

So let's just get straight to the point - The product itself is very light, even with a soaked sponge and batteries included it was easy to hold and re-position the fan by tilting the head. Another feature why I chose this model over the original is its ability to power itself via USB, which I happily did on my laptops USB port through out my trip. Other features found on both models are the obvious hand straps, which I thought did an excellent job. It was comfortable and best of all it was also adjustable. So we had no trouble re-adjusting it when needed.

Function wise, I think it went beyond the call of duty. I know that some might think that's a bit exaggerated but my trip to a tropical country like Indonesia really tested the product. With temperatures ranging from the upper 90's and with humidity that felt like cutting through butter, the fan did its job. As for the battery life, I never really ran out, let's face it ... in reality I didn't need it on 24/7. While walking throughout the streets on some days I would have it on and then off again if I stepped inside an air conditioned complex or a restaurant. So for those who claim that this doesn't have a long battery life need to check again on how they used the product when writing a review. On top of that my usages were based on regular alkaline batteries and it performed fantastic.

Onto other aspects, I have ready some reviews where people have said that the fan makes a loud or rattling sound when on the highest setting. Just turning it off and on fixed the problem, if that doesn't help, just off it, open the case, re close it and turn it back on, nothing a little tinkering cannot fix. As far as noise is concerned it's not going to break your ear. Also in regards to sounds, I could hear people who talk louder than this fan in restaurants and in places where I was seated outside. The only thing I would have liked more in this fan would have been a larger cooling area, but given the size, perhaps that wasn't feasible in the design aspect. Perhaps in the next model! Who knows?

Pros
- Small and light
- Great battery life
- USB powered
- Cools like a charm (this is a fan so lets be realistic, it not going to bring the temperature down from 89 to 60 degrees, but it'll feel like the 70's and once again this will also depend on the weather around you on how cool you will feel)
- Use of AA batteries, very common and easy to find

Con
- Sponge is small and dries faster depending on the weather! So be prepared, its not the machines fault that you didn't prepare for this. Yes the sponge should be damp in order to get the maximum output. So do your self a favor, carry an extra bottle of water or even go to the rest room and just soak it up again. I had no problem doing both!
- Cooling distance is short. Once again this is a hand held/ table top device and you cant blame the device for this. Its wasn't built to beam cool air across the room. In my experience a good 2-3 feet did the job.

Anyway thanks everyone for reading this review, and let me know if it helped or if you have any questions!

An evaporative cooler. It works but that depends on the circumstances. As the table in the Amazon listing shows (look on the listing for the blue colored one), this is designed to work best in a hot and dry environment. You are not so lucky if it is humid. The important function of this device is adding moisture to the hot air. Think about the hot days when you get out of the shower and everything is so much more comfortable while you are wet. If you are in 90 and 90 (degrees Fahrenheit and humidity), then do not expect this little device to do much.

Recently tested in Las Vegas and on the bus ride home. Las Vegas at my folks house - It was really more of a novelty. But there was a cool breese coming out when the outside temperature was 104 with dry humidity. It paid for itself on the packed bus back to Los Angeles. The bus A.C. was a joke and it was a miserable ride. This little device ran pretty much the whole time on a set of 4 Duracells. Be aware that there is a sponge that needs proper hydration. I ran out of water on the bus and it was clear that this was doing something. No more water = no more cool air. Next stop was an hour away, I ran straight for the water and replacement batteries before my lunch. It really did save me from complete heat overload. Note the drier the air, the faster the fan, the hotter it is = Run out of water much faster.

Overall device works in the proper conditions. Don't expect a miracle. It will save you when it appears that there is no other way to get relief. Don't forget the water and batteries. The included USB cord works well off my netbook.

I have been searching high and low for a personal fan to help my mother combat her frequent hotflashes. After reading the product reviews, I decided to purchase the handy cooler for my mother and myself. I have to say, I was pleasently surprised. It does all that it promises!

There are a couple of downsides however. It does not come with a wall adapter, and you have to be extremely careful not to drop it. Once you drop it, the face easily comes apart. I had to send my mothers back due to this, but they were very kind and considerate and reshipped another one to replace the broken product. While we ordered the handy cooler in pink (it was cheaper than the black one at the time), the company reshipped a black one and it does seem as if the black one is sturdier than the pink.

We have found that running it for allergy relief works wonders, it travels very nicely, is extremely lightweight, and is very portable. To make the air even cooler, my mother and I soak the sponge with ice cold water (using the handy water bottle that comes with the product) - that just takes the cooling factor up a notch! I love to add lavender essential oil to the sponge for a quick arometherapy feel. It helps me loosen up and destress after a long day.

In all, I am very pleased with this product and the wonderful customer service I recieved when I contacted them with problems.

Wow is all I can say! Never expected it to be so efficient. It has allowed me the opportunity to attend my grandson's baseball games, shop at places where they don't crank the A/C, allow me to enjoy a bowl of hot soup in a restaurant where it is not as cool as I like it to be (it is quiet and can be hidden so it is not so obvious, if you think that will bother you.) Just hide it behind the dessert menu or not! I was able to sit comfortably outside in southern Ohio under a pergola this weekend where I normally would be hiding in the air conditioned house. This thing is the best!!

I've ordered numerous fans that had a USB plugin for my lap top and through no fault of the fans, the cords would eventually crinkle and the fans would no longer work, plus I damaged the UBS hub and can't plugin anything in it anymore. I found this fan and bought the electrical plugin. I am more than happy with it I get the angle I want and thus the cord doesn't crinkle. I highly recommend this fan. My only suggestion is the cord be included with fan. I just wish I had found it before I damaged the USB hub.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • The original patented hand held cooling fan as featured in the Technology Review magazine (M.I.T.) in 2010.
  • Small fan cools air up to 30F. *best used in hot and dry environments. Humidifies air and alleviates allergies.
  • Runs on 4x batteries or USB power (adapter included).
  • Cooling fan assembly utilizes a 30db whisper-soft turbine system.
  • Cooling filter life expectancy: 1 year
  • Wash filter with soap and water before first use and occasionally during life of filter.

Description

Small fan that can cool air up to 30F. This revolutionary evaporative cooling fan is the closest thing to a hand held mini air conditioner. Use it outdoors or keep it indoors as a desk fan. Provides gentle cool breeze. Uses evaporative cooling technology. Add water to soak the cooling filter. Ambient air is forced through the wet cooling filter and cools down. Works best in dry and hot climates. Fully portable and mobile, take it literally anywhere you want. Rotatable turbine wheel allows adjustment of the cool breeze of air. Humidifies air - makes breathing comfortable and alleviates allergies. Variable power control. Stands by itself on any flat surface. Comfortable adjustable leather strap. Ergonomically designed, user-friendly and easy to use. Environmentally friendly. 4xAA batteries allow 5 hours portable operation. Connect to USB (cable included) or home socket power (sold separately) for continuous operation. Includes dedicated 60ml water bottle, USB cable and 1x cooling filter. Best for hot flashes, home and office use, camping, outdoor sports, watching the game and more. Mere 12oz with batteries loaded. Cooling filter life expectancy: 1 year. Patent-pending. Version 2.0.



Went to Egypt 2 months ago and bought this before my trip. It worked great! Just wet the sponge (included), wring out the excess water, place moist sponge in the device's container, and turn it on. Cool air comes out and keeps you cool in 120 degree weather. A great accessory in hot places! Only problem is that 4 AA batteries only last for 1 to 2 hours. Thankfully, I have a portable battery with USB connections that I could attach to the fan. The fan can be powered by a USB connector.

I ordered the Handy Cooler on Sunday, and it arrived on Wednesday, a full week earlier than anticipated. That was wonderful! It is rare for a seller to exceed expectations in that way. Unfortunately, I opened the package and was disappointed to see that they had sent the gray trim version instead of the pink trim version I had ordered. I decided I would still set it up anyway (the pink had just been a bonus and I was sure the gray would work as well). I was relieved that it was very easy to set up. The product worked as promised, but my USB adapter does not work. The Handy Cooler will not run when I have it plugged in to my laptop with the adapter. Nevertheless, with double AA batteries I have a cool stream of air blowing on me right now that is really wonderful. I have a medical condition that causes me to completely wilt in the heat, and I'm really thrilled to have a device that will help me stay my usual perky self. Even with the caveats listed above, I am still glad to have made this purchase.

Just for a bit of feedback, I work for a cheap boss who keeps the A/C pretty high. In a retail environment, I think that is a poor decision. And the store is a higher end furniture store (Ekornes, Natuzzi, Lazar, and more). People that want to buy that sort of furniture also want to be comfortable.

Anyway, at home, I keep my A/C at 70 F. At work, it's set to 74 F. Just 4 degrees, you say? Man up, right?

Sorry, I also have an HR background and 4 degrees can make a difference in efficiency, productivity, mood, etc.

My only negative thought about the Handy Cooler is that the fan is a bit louder than I expected, but still worth the 5 stars. I am going to recommend it to the store manager who also hates how warm the store is.

Got this for those really hot and muggy days when you get no relief outside. This is a powerful and potent little machine which seems to do a good job of chilling down your personal space. Easy to load up, i use bottled water to soak the sponge. Make sure you do not OVER saturate the sponge as this could damage the machine. Love the little swivel head thing to really direct that cool air. WOrth every penny for this chill in' mama.

I initially purchased this portable fan to use at the office. It is hot and dry, and I have been having troubles focusing on my work. I was searching on digg and lucked out on this. I also wanted something that would be easy to put away in a cupboard when I left work. I came across the Handy cooler and looked like it was worth a try.

It has worked incredibly well so far. The sponge is easy to clean unlike some misting humidifiers. It doesn't form any odor if you wash it atleast twice a week. I took it last time i went to visit my brother and it was great.

The only thing I can think of that would make it better is if you have even a even better absorbing sponge, this way, instead of having to refill it ever 2 hours, I would only do it every 3-4 hours.

Wouldn't recommend this if you are expecting something that cools large spaces, but I would highly recommend this air cooler for office use, traveling, or small rooms.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment