Tuesday, August 27, 2019

For wall-mounted air conditioner cleaning cover

For wall-mounted air conditioner cleaning cover KB-8016

For wall-mounted air conditioner cleaning cover KB-8016

This product works as advertised. It was very easy to apply to my head unit and stayed snug throughout the entire cleaning process. I think the price I paid is a bit expensive for what amounts to a slightly thick plastic bag. There is a lack of competition in this category and this thing is reusable, so it is what it is.

As this was my first time cleaning the head unit on my own, I do want to advise other DIYers of one thing: stick a towel beneath the head unit. Depending on how your head unit was designed (varies by AC manufacturer), spraying the cleaning fluid or water at certain angles will result it in coming out from the sides and bottom of the unit. Apparently, my head unit is not fully covered in the back, so when I sprayed water as far back into the unit as I could, it actually hit the bedroom wall and started running down, causing me to run and grab a towel to soak it up. No other hiccups occurred. Saved myself a bunch of money cleaning the head unit on my own, so I am happy.

I received this cleaning cover from Japan quickly (10 days). It is constructed of approx. 3 mil polyethylene film with an elastic band to hold it in place on the mini split indoor unit. I used it today to clean 2 ea. Fujitsu 2 ton indoor mini split units. This cover fit over the 2 ton units with no problems and I was able to spray the coil cleaning solution and approx. 3 gallons of water to clean these two units with no spills or drips. The water was funneled into the 5 gallon bucket with no problems. I have cleaned this device and will store it for future use as needed. I am totally satisfied with this purchase.

This items is for small units,I didn’t choose the right one.Its really fast shipment

as what you accept

Ok


Get it Now

Feature Product

    Description

    Mounting portion containing rubber. It can be attached to the shot easily in air conditioning of various sizes. Also aluminum fin is in the upper and back, it is easy to wash legible.



    great item.

    Good value, Not full proof as a bit difficult to attach on units that are close to ceilings

    This is a high-quality, reusable product, made in Japan & sent directly from Japan. Shipping was quick, packaging was impeccable and product is durable & well made. Our split inverter AC's are only 9K BTU and 12K BTU, so the bag was slightly large, but easily remedied by a couple rubber bands. The bottom of the bag is shaped like a funnel, so that the dirty water can drip directly into a bucket, no hoses or attachments necessary. By all means, this bag does NOT guarantee that you and/or the surrounding area will not get wet/dirty; it serves as a cleaning "aid." My husband has tried several other DIY methods, and we've even paid for professional cleaning. By far, this bag compares well to the professional bags we've seen. It helped us achieve the best results with minimal mess. I will definitely buy this product again if our current bag requires replacement after we get several more uses out of it.

    Worked great

    The bag works well, as intended for cleaning wall mounted mini-split air-con units.
    Much cheaper than some of the ones I've seen for ~$100+.
    I like that it's clear so you can see what you're doing.

    I was worried about cleaning solution getting by it and going down the wall, but that's not happened. I don't think I really need extra protection underneath it as is often advised. But you can tape up a piece of visqueen plastic on the wall up underneath it if you like. A towel on the floor is probably a good idea.

    It's made of 3.5mil plastic (measured with a micrometer) and feels fairly strong. I've used it three times, and there's no sign of wear. I'd think if you were careful with it you'd get quite a few uses out of it. Even if it ever eventually tears you could always patch it with packing tape.
    Also if the elastic band ever breaks you could fix it with lightweight elastic shock cord. I bought some really lightweight stuff from a tent repair site once.

    Get it Now

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment