Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Lasko Stanley Max Performance High Velocity Floor Fan, 1-Pack,

Lasko Stanley Max Performance High Velocity Floor Fan, 1-Pack, 655650

Lasko Stanley Max Performance High Velocity Floor Fan, 1-Pack, 655650

I have never paid quite this much for a fan, but I would make this purchase again in a heartbeat. The shape is stable; we had a squarish box fan that got knocked over all the time, made a terrible racket. There's a carry handle for when you have to move it from one room to another, but it's a big fan, meant--as the name indicates--to sit on the floor and pretty much stay there. If you want a little desk thing you can regularly take from room to room, this isn't it. This is the workhorse you want on a miserable hot day with the air conditioning off, or no air conditioning--as is often the case here in Seattle, where few homes have central air and a few more have a window unit that doesn't cool the whole house. It's the sort of fan that kids will fight to be in front of until a parent or grandparent comes in and barks at them to all go siddown. And it's the sort of fan that a woman that hates heat like grim death wants when her husband moans that he is cold if she turns the window unit on. For goodness sake, it's 85 degrees out there! It's a sauna in here, and we can't use the a/c? The hell you say. No, fine. It's fine. I'll turn on the fan. No, I am NOT turning the fan off at bedtime!

People comment on the noise level. It's about the same as having the fan over the stove running. Will it interfere with your TV show? Quite possibly. I don't watch a lot of TV, but if I had to choose comfort or entertainment, I would choose comfort. Turn the TV off and the fan on. You can still have a conversation with others as long as nobody mumbles.

There are three fans in this house, not counting the oscillating fan on a skinny, unstable stand that was broken right away by a resident teenager. The other two that remain are a weak little thing that sits tidily on a desk top, and another big floor fan similar to this one but made of white plastic (and apparently no longer being sold.) If I had to pick just one of them to keep, it would be this one. But also, I have reasonably large rooms in my house.. If I were in a very small apartment, I might rethink it. Look at the measurements on the specifications here before you make the purchase if you aren't sure a big ol' fan like this one can go in the room where you want it.

I didn't buy my fan from Amazon but have had this fan and another one ike it from LASKO for a few years now. It is a great product and I truly have to chuckle at some of the negative comments about it and feel some of the buying public needs an education on this type of product, so here goes. THIS IS A HIGH VELOCITY FAN PEOPLE THAT IS BY DESIGN TO BE USED PRIMARILY IN GARAGE, SHOP OR OTHER SIMILAR NON-HOUSEHOLD TYPE ENVIROMENTS. IT IS GOING TO BE LOUD! IT IS GOING TO MOVE A HELL OF A LOT OF AIR EVEN ON LOW! THATS WHY THEY CALL IT A HIGH VELOCITY FAN!! Whew, I feel better now. Just couldn't take one more susy homemaker comment on how it blows too hard..... Go to Target or Wally World and get you a 16 dollar box fan and stop whiing about a product that does the job it is intended to do!

Fan is a beast! Moves air like a whirlwind on hot days or when I need to simply cool/dry off from a work out rather quickly. I also use this fan as white noise when I leave the house so my dogs don't bark at every noise they hear outside. Does a fantastic job for that and it feels very heavy duty as well. The quality is very terrific! Extremely happy with it and very much recommend. And yes it's loud because it's supposed to be. Don't buy if you want to watch a quiet TV show with it running, that's not what this is for. Buy a cheapo light duty fan from Target for that. And the loudness is the sound of heavy air movement, nothing annoying or squeaky. Great for sleeping to if you like big time white noise. It's great for drowning out sounds from outside or wherever annoying sounds may be in your specific scenario.

I ordered this not knowing exactly what to expect, I just knew I wanted something that would move more air than the cheapy box fans we've been using. I also want to be able to use this near the wood stove during the heating months to circulate the air, and I thought the metal construction might be better than plastic, plus you can adjust the angle on this one, which would be a nice feature next to the wood stove. My parents had a box fan with metal blades years ago, and that thing was wonderful, so I thought we'd try this. It works great---moves the air much better than our old plastic box fans do, and it's easy to move around the house, depending on what room you want it in. It IS high velocity, and not specifically made for home/household use, so it's fairly noisy---it's difficult to hear someone speaking to you from the next room---but that's to be expected (like I said, it's not designed specifically for home use--more for a business) and that is well worth the trade for the fine job it does. We all love it on the very hot, humid days. I may have to look into getting something else that is quieter for when the noise gets to me, but overall I'm very glad I purchased it.

They do exactly as I expected, that is: I use them in my house during the summer to pull cool night air into the basement from outside (I have an exterior security screen door which allows me to do this) and then up two flights to cool the house during the night. I don't use anything other than the low speed. I do not place them in the living room - too noisy there but one at the bottom of the basement stairs and one upstairs to move lots of air up and out of the house. Knocks about 10 degrees off the temperature inside my house without massive electric bill for air conditioning. Proven to be very effective summer of 2017. Built sturdy. Rubber feet prevent 'walking' on hard surfaces (hardwood and concrete). Wish the 6' cord was more like 8' or 9' though.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 3 Powerful Speeds - makes this fan ideal for the garage, shop, attic, or anywhere else you need a high velocity fan. The powerful motor and metal fan blades provide a cooling breeze throughout the room.
  • Pivoting Head to Direct Air Flow & Circulation - allows you to direct high velocity air up, down, or anywhere in between making this fan ideal for cooling or ventilation of an area.
  • QuickMount for Easy Conversion from Floor to Wall Mount - simply mount the included bracket to the wall and easily convert your fan from a floor fan to a wall fan. The fan's stand, clips right into the mount and in seconds you have a wall mounted fan.
  • Built to Last - with a metal fan cage and tubular steel stand this fan is strong enough to last in workplace settings yet suitable for around the house thanks to built-in rubber pads on the fan stand.
  • Simple No Tools Assembly - means you'll have your fan assembled in no time. Simply follow the included instructions to assemble the fan with the fan stand and you're done.

Description

The versatile STANLEY Max Performance high velocity fan can be used on the floor or with the easy wall mount. With durable tubular steel construction and metal fan blades, it’s an ideal choice for a garage, workshop or other workspace.

Additional features include:

  • QuickMount for easy conversion from floor to wall mount
  • Pivots to direct air flow & circulation
  • 3 powerful speeds
  • Built-in carry handle
  • Rubber pads to protect surfaces
  • Simple no-tools assembly



When the other reviewers said it moved a lot of air, I didn't realize just how much air. This baby will blow your contact lenses out of your eyes if you look directly at it. I haven't needed to move it past low even on the hottest day. It's small, compact, easily movable and I love the fact that it's black and won't show dirt. I use it outside on a covered patio that gets a lot of soot.

We bought two originally loved them so much bought two more. Moves a lot of air and it’s cold air. Way better than any fan I’ve owned. It’s a light wind sound. About like a regular fan. Even bought one to put on covered porch for my 3 Great Pyrenees dogs❤️

I love this fan; yes, it is noisy, which is exactly what I want. I live in a place that has a lot of noise during the day and during the night. This beauty drowns out the outside noise about 90% and almost runs 24/7. If you need a fan for the noise drowning effect, this is your fan. It more than adequately cools and produces a very nice high volume wind. The four star is for the lousy stand, not the fan. This fan deserved a better designed and functioning stand. The controls worked just fine. But the stand is lousy and always in the way. Have had over a year and am buying another.
Just wish I knew how to put another stand on this fan.

For what it is, this fan is great. It works perfectly if you're looking for a solution to move a good amount of air through a room. Now, the primary con is that even on "1" this sucker is pretty loud, anyone saying they're watching TV with this on are definitely blasting the volume on their speakers to compensate. The fan is currently 5'-6' away from me on "1" and I can barely hear my mechanical keyboard. The noise pollution is both air and mechanical.

We bought this to quickly push cool air through the house, and for that purpose, it looks like it's going to do just fine. Just don't think you're going to run this thing and forget it's there unless you're in another room.

Delivery good and it looks and performs well, however, the two "nuts" that hold the unit to the frame could be better designed. After a few tweaks to get it pointed/directed where we wanted it, it would drop and I would have to get a wrench to tighten the side "nuts" A set of simple knobs, with finger depressions that could be spun open and closed would go a long way in making adjustments easier. On a side note, we placed the fan at the bottom of our basement steps, directing the air to the main level of the home, using the normally cool air in the basement to essentially help boost the overall home A/C comforts. This latter technique has made a big difference in our main home level temperatures. Even though it is somewhat loud (remember it is a powerful fan) area placement in the basement helps drown down the "white noise" of the fan,and we significantly reap its CFU (air speed) benefits, and the wireless control comes in very handy with our placement in the basement. Four versus five stars is solely because of the adjustments nuts on the side.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment